This is a Recipe for Butternut Squash Soup.
1. In medium saucepan, add ¼ cup of water or organic vegetable stock- bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
2. Add onion, bay leaf and salt- simmer for 4-5 minutes until liquid evaporates or onions become translucent.
3. Add butternut squash and remainder of organic vegetable stock or water- simmer for 20 minutes on medium heat.
4. Strain squash and onion- reserve liquid.
5. Discard bay leaf.
6. Place squash and onion in blender- puree on high, adding liquid as needed.
7. Season with salt, local honey, nutmeg and cinnamon.
8. Garnish with spiced pumpkin seeds, micro beet top or baby herbs as you desire.
1 medium Butternut Squash- Peel, De-seed and Large Dice
1 medium White Onion- Peel and Slice Thinly
1 Bay Leaf
1 quart Water or Organic Vegetable Stock
2 tablespoons Local Honey
1/4 of a teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon Salt