Peppermint Chocolate Popcorn Clusters
An easy to make and inexpensive holiday treat. Fill a mason jar and give as a unique and trendy gift. Aside from the popcorn, this recipe is entirely raw. It is a fresh and healthy snack that will give you a break from the toxic candy that accompanies the holiday season.
- Place popped popcorn on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make a warm water bath by filling a large bowl with hot water and placing a smaller bowl inside of it. Add the cacao butter to the smaller bowl and swirl around until it melts. (Do not apply heat directly to the cacao butter as it will destroy the beneficial enzymes).
- Add the cacao powder, agave syrup and peppermint oil. Mix until fully incorporated.
- With a large spoon, drizzle the chocolate sauce over the popcorn so that the popcorn appears striped. You can coat the popcorn if you like but it will give it a different look and taste.
- Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the chocolate covered popcorn (it is important to do this while the chocolate is still liquid or they will not stick!)
- Transfer the cookie sheet to the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- 3 cups freshly popped popcorn (unbuttered, lightly salted)
- ½ cup cacao butter
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1-2 TB raw agave syrup
- 2-3 drops peppermint extract or essential oil
- 2 candy canes, crushed (Pure Fun makes an organic, naturally sweetened variety)